Noodles are a staple of chifa cuisine. This type of Chinese pasta is delicious, easy to make, and also very versatile, it can be paired with almost anything. At Chifa Du Kang we serve them in 9 presentations! Today we want to share a basic recipe with you in case you get a craving at home and feel like cooking. Let’s see this tallarin saltado recipe and then don’t forget to tell us how it went. Time to put on your apron!
Peruvian tallarin saltado recipe: take note and enjoy!
This recipe is not set in stone. As we told you above, tallarin saltado are a very versatile recipe and each cook puts their own touch on it. In Peru, every time you try them, it’s a different experience, so it’s up to you to stick to this recipe to the letter or add a little creativity. The possibilities are endless!
In fact, notice that in this recipe we propose chicken as the protein, since it is usually the most popular accompaniment for chifa noodles, but that doesn’t mean it’s the only option. You can substitute chicken for beef, pork, shrimp, or even just vegetables, if you prefer a 100% green menu.
- 400 g Chinese egg noodles
- 200 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the Chinese egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, tomato, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the cooked Chinese egg noodles and stir-fry until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
- For a more intense flavor, you can add 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in a little water.
- If you want a spicier dish, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder or chopped chilies.
- You can add other ingredients to your liking, such as mushrooms, shrimp, or pork.
Serve the stir-fried noodles in a deep bowl and garnish with some cilantro leaves. And enjoy!
Some of our secrets to make a perfect noodle dish (please, don’t tell anybody)
- Use the right noodles: Traditional Chinese noodles are made from wheat flour and egg. There are many different types of Chinese noodles, so make sure to choose the right type for the recipe you are making.
- Cook the noodles al dente: Chinese noodles should not be too soft, as they will soften even more when stir-fried. Cook the noodles according to the package directions, but drain them slightly before stir-frying.
- Don’t overcook the protein: The protein, such as chicken or pork, should be cooked through but not dry. Cook the protein over high heat for a few minutes per side.
- Stir-fry the noodles over high heat: Stir-frying is a quick cooking technique that helps the noodles become crispy and flavorful. Stir-fry the noodles over high heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the seasonings at the end: Add the seasonings, such as sesame oil, soy sauce, and chili, at the end of stir-frying. This will help the flavors stay fresh and vibrant.
- Use fresh ingredients: Fresh ingredients will give your chifa noodles a more intense flavor.
- Experiment with different flavors: There are many ways to season chifa noodles. Try different combinations of ingredients to find your favorite combination.
- Serve hot: Never cold! Chifa noodles are best when served hot.
How do we serve noodles at Chifa Du Kang?
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
As we told you, we have them in 9 presentations. They are:
- Du Kang special Tay Pa: shrimp, chicken, quail eggs, and pork stir-fry noodles.
- Chicken pieces: Fried boneless chicken and veggies stir-fry noodles.
- Chicken: chicken breast and veggies stir-fry noodles.
- Pork: char-siu pork and veggies stir-fry noodles.
- Beef: Beef and veggies stir-fry noodles.
- Shrimp: Shrimp and veggies stir-fry noodles.
- May Fan Singapore Stir-Fried: special shrimp, chicken, and pork with rice noodles.
- Tallarin Sam Si: chicken, char-siu pork and veggies stir-fry noodles.
- Stir-fried noodles with vegetables: mixed veggies stir-fry noodles.
Craving Chinese-Peruvian noodles? Come try Chifa Du Kang’s!
We already told you the important thing. If you want to try delicious chifa noodles in Miami, you know Chifa Du Kang’s menu. Now you’re wondering how to get here? Take note.
We are located on Kendall Drive, Bird Road, and in the Doral. There are three options for you to choose the one closest to you. And if you want to eat at home, we have delivery and take-out service.
We have the informal atmosphere you are looking for and warm attention to make you spend a delicious evening, in the fullest sense of the word.