The pollo con piña Peruano is a classic of chifa cuisine. For generations, we in Peru have been obsessed with this dish, its sweet and sour mix and textures, its characteristic aroma, and in general, how delicious it is. Every chifa restaurant knows how to make it their own way, with a special touch, and every family also has a secret to distinguish it from the rest. In short, every time you try it in a different place, it is a different experience. Would you like to try it? If the answer is yes, today we share a basic pineapple chicken stir fry recipe, which you can make to the letter or add some of your creativity to make it unique. Let’s begin.
Pollo con piña peruano: Pineapple chicken stir fry recipe, authentic and very tasty
To prepare the Pollo con Piña Peruano, you need a medium-length list of ingredients, but really nothing is difficult to get. Give it the necessary time and you will see that you will get a delicious dish to surprise that special someone. Put on your apron and let’s start cooking!
- 1 kg of chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can pineapple in syrup, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and sesame oil. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a plate, combine the flour and cornstarch. Dredge the chicken in the flour and cornstarch mixture to coat it completely.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken until golden brown on all sides. Remove from heat and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess grease.
- In the same skillet, heat the water. Add the tomato paste, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple and chicken to the sauce. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot.
- For a more intense flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of five-spice powder to the marinade.
- If you don’t have pineapple in syrup, you can use fresh pineapple. Cut the pineapple into cubes and cook it in a pot with water and sugar until soft.
- You can serve chicken with pineapple with white rice or Chinese noodles.
What about garnish?
- White rice: White rice is a classic side dish to accompany chicken with pineapple. The rice absorbs the flavors of the sweet and sour sauce, creating a complete and balanced dish.
- Chaufa rice: Chaufa rice is a chifa classic that pairs well with pollo con piña Peruano.
- Chinese noodles: Chinese noodles are another popular chifa garnish to accompany chicken with pineapple. The noodles go well with the sweet and sour sauce and an special touch to the dish.
- French fries: French fries are a classic side dish that is always a hit. French fries go well with the sweet and sour sauce and add a crispy touch to the dish.
Did you already know about chifa food? Let us tell you what it is about
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
The Pollo con piña Peruano, as we already told you, is part of a Peruvian gastronomic subgenre that has an incredible history: chifa food.
What we are talking about here is the Chinese-Peruvian fusion cuisine that was born from the mixture of two cultures, during the Asian migration wave to Peru, in the 19th century. Thus, the wok cooking technique was combined with Andean flavors such as yellow pepper and pisco.
Chifa food has amazing dishes. The classic chaufa rice is the best known, but then we have lomo saltado, chicken tipakay, noodles in countless presentations, and the aforementioned chicken with pineapple.
If you haven’t had a chance to delve into this gastronomic wonder, don’t worry! In Miami there are many options, and if you want a piece of advice, the best is Chifa Du Kang, our restaurant chain.
Come to Chifa Du Kang and try the best chifa food in Miami
We are located in Kendall Drive, Bird Road, and Doral. Our family recipes have traveled across three continents and have been perfected by three generations. Our dishes will make you obsessed!
If you are craving chicken with pineapple, we have the most delicious you will ever taste. And you can take advantage of the visit to discover our airport-style chaufa rice, our wantan soup, or our Kam Lu Wantan. Come and get the full chifa experience.