Just thinking that after a long day’s work we have to get home to prepare something for dinner is a not a situation that many of us don’t like, and that we can’t always skip. So the best thing to do is to have a light and easy-to-prepare recipe like this Chinese sausage fried rice recipe.
It’s so simple, quick and tasty that it will get you out of trouble on more than one occasion, especially if you have visitors and want to look good with everyone.
Get ready to start preparing this dish!
What Is Chinese Sausage Fried Rice?
Chinese sausage fried rice is an easy and, above all, delicious dish. The secret is to use the right protein. Unlike the sausages we know in the West, which are softer and made from combinations of different meats, especially chicken, turkey, pork and beef, Chinese sausage is quite tough and high in fat, as it is made from pork.
This sausage has a sweet-salty and smoky flavour that is transferred to the rice during the stir-frying process to give this recipe its kick.
The Chinese sausage, in addition to adding flavour, also adds colour. The rice is left with a slight pinkish hue, which helps to bring out the rest of the ingredients such as the spring onions and peas.
What to Make Great Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
As we indicated, the secret to making a great Chinese sausage fried rice recipe lies in the sausage.
It has to be Chinese sausage because the taste and texture of this food is very different from the kind of charcuterie you often get in supermarkets.
Preferably, look for this ingredient in establishments that sell Asian products, so you can be more sure that the item you are bringing is the right one.
Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage Recipe
Preparing Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage is very easy. If you have leftover white rice in the fridge from the day before, it will take you less than 30 minutes to have this dish ready and served at the table!
With the amount of ingredients listed here, it’s enough for 4 people.
- 2 cups of chopped Chinese sausage
- 3 beaten eggs
- 3 chopped spring onions or green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups of white rice (best if chilled and day old)
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ⅓ cup green peas
- ⅓ cup chopped carrots
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and white pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to smoking point. When it reaches a high temperature, lower the heat and pour the cold vegetable oil into the pan, covering the entire surface.
- Remove the oil after the pan has been coated and set aside.
- Increase the temperature of your frying pan to high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add diced Chinese sausage and sauté for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and sauté for another 10 seconds.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix with the garlic, ginger and Chinese sausage. Do not let the egg burn.
- Add the rice and mix with the rest of the cooked ingredients in the pot.
- When the rice separates and is hot, add the sauce we made at the beginning and continue mixing until all the rice is brown in colour.
- Add the optional cooked vegetables and spring onions or green onions and serve.
- Enjoy your Chinese sausage fried rice!
Are you up for discovering other fried rice dishes?
Chinese sausage fried rice is not the only thing you can enjoy – fried rice is so versatile that it can do it all! Often you can even create a mouth-watering dish just by looking in the fridge for some vegetables or leftover protein from the day before.
The secret to preparing fried rice is to mix white rice -which has been left loose and with a slightly hard grain- with meat, seafood, vegetables and a little soy sauce. And if you don’t want animal protein, you can just add vegetables – it will be just as good!
How do you mix it all together? The mixture is made in parts. First you sauté the garlic and ginger in a little oil to bring out all the flavour of these two ingredients.
On top of this fried base, cook the meats and gradually add the vegetables that you have chosen for your dish. Then add the rice and the soy sauce.
This is how easy it is to create different fried rice dishes, even a Peruvian chaufa rice. This dish is on another level of fried rice, thanks to the authentic flavours of Peruvian cuisine, but it is not difficult to make if you have all the ingredients, especially aji amarillo.
Peruvians have made this dish a jewel of their cuisine, which is enriched according to the region where it is prepared, as it incorporates foods that are grown and obtained only in those regions of Peru.
But if you still don’t dare to take the step to prepare chaufa rice, you can visit restaurants that serve chifa food. This is the type of food resulting from the fusion of Chinese and Peruvian cuisine, from which chaufa rice originated.
Which restaurant to visit for chaufa rice?
In Miami you can visit us, we are Chifa Du Kang. We have a long experience and tradition serving chifa food with the authentic taste of this cuisine that we know perfectly because our roots are in Peru and China.
In our two locations in Kendall Dr and Bird Road you can taste chaufa rice in several versions (special, with shrimp, beef, pork, chicken, vegetarian…) and other dishes of this gastronomy such as lomo saltado, wantan soup, chicken chijaukay, among others.
Come with your family and loved ones. We have the best casual atmosphere in Miami.