A few vegetables, some leftover white rice from the fridge and a piece of chicken will be your salvation to prepare a delicious Chinese chicken fried rice dish that will get you out of trouble when you have an unexpected visitor or a sudden craving. The best thing is that everyone will be satisfied!
If you don’t know how to prepare this dish, don’t worry. We are here to help you come out with the best compliments, thanks to this recipe we are going to share with you from Peruvian chef Anson Tou, from the restaurant Chifa Du Kang.
What Is Chinese Chicken Fried Rice?
Chinese chicken fried rice is one of the most classic oriental dishes served not only in Chinese restaurants, but also in many homes because it is a simple recipe with high nutritional value, combining carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
It is so easy and quick to prepare that you will surely be in good spirits because, in addition to being quick and easy, it is delicious and you will have nothing left to say but Bon Appetit!
It is prepared with the typical wok stir-fry of oriental cuisine and its ingredients may vary according to the country or even the family customs of the person preparing it. It is a very noble dish because it is always able to adapt without losing its essence.
How to Make Great Chinese Chicken Fried Rice?
A delicious recipe that we are sure you will add to your recipe book is this one we are going to share with you from the young Peruvian chef Anson Tou, son of Chinese immigrants, who has set himself the goal of promoting the heritage of Peruvian and Chinese fusion cuisine around the world.
Chinese Chicken Fried Rice: Recipe
This Chinese Chicken Fried Rice recipe is very easy to prepare at home if you follow Chef Anson Tou’s instructions to the letter. Remember, though, this is a very versatile dish, so don’t limit yourself if there are options in your fridge that can work as a substitute for what you’re missing.
The quantities given are enough to serve a generous portion for a total of 4 people.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 chopped spring onions or green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups of white rice (best if chilled and day old)
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and white pepper and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to smoking point. When it reaches a high temperature, lower the heat and pour the cold vegetable oil into the pan, covering the entire surface.
- Remove the oil after the pan has been coated and set aside.
- Increase the temperature of your frying pan to high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add diced cooked chicken and sauté for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and sauté for another 10 seconds.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix with the garlic, ginger and cooked chicken. Do not let the egg burn.
- Add the rice and mix with the rest of the cooked ingredients in the pot.
- When the rice separates and is hot, add the sauce we made at the beginning and continue mixing until all the rice turns brown.
- Add the optional cooked vegetables and spring onions or green onions and serve.
- Enjoy your chicken fried rice!
- You must follow the directions exactly to get a Chinese chicken fried rice like the one served at Chifa Du Kang.
- Make sure the rice is loose and a little hard in consistency so that it does not become sticky when the liquids are added. This rice should be juicy, but not sticky.
- It is preferable that you use rice cooked the day before or at least enough hours in advance so that it is completely cold.
It has become common to use the chicken breast as the favourite for the preparation of Chinese fried rice because of its low fat and protein value.
For every 200 grams of Chinese chicken fried rice we eat, we gain 346 kilocalories, 7.3 grams of fat, about 14.6 grams of protein and another 55 grams of carbohydrates.
Chicken is a meat rich in niacin, phosphorus, vitamins B6 and B12, zinc, phosphorus and potassium. Vitamins and minerals that contribute to the proper functioning and development of the body.
At Chifa Du Kang we offer a variety of fried rice
Fried rice is one of our specialities. At Chifa Du Kang we serve it as chaufa rice, a version of traditional Chinese fried rice and also a treasure of Chifa food. We are talking about a type of food created by Chinese immigrants who settled in Peru and that today is one of the best kept (and most valuable) gastronomic secrets of our beloved country.
At Chifa Du Kang we have a variety of chaufa rice dishes: chicken, pork, shrimp, beef, and also vegetables for those who wish to do without animal protein in their meals. Come and try them!
We are located on Kendall Dr and Bird Road, in Miami, Florida. You can come to our restaurants with friends and family. We offer a relaxed and informal atmosphere where you can chat and enjoy good food.