Are you a seafood fan? No wonder, it is one of the most delicious foods and is present in almost every cuisine in the world. Seafood is wonderful and very high-flying, perhaps that’s why many people think that any dish containing shrimp, squid, octopus or oysters requires a lot of expertise in the kitchen. And that’s not so! There are great meals that are delicious and very easy to prepare, for example, the Chinese shrimp fried rice whose recipe we are sharing with you today.
In this post we will guide you to learn how to prepare this recipe that will keep you only a few minutes in the kitchen, will become the star of your table and, above all, will delight the palate of the whole family. let’s get started now!
What is Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice?
Chinese shrimp fried rice is one of the many versions of fried rice that you can create at home, using shrimp as the main animal protein while retaining the basic ingredients of the authentic Chinese recipe.
It is a simple and quick dish to prepare if you compare the cooking time of shrimp to other proteins such as beef and chicken, which take a little longer to cook.
This dish offers an explosion of flavours that you will want to try again and again. And it is also very nutritious!
How to Make Great Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice?
Not all Chinese shrimp fried rice dishes are the same. Every restaurant that serves Chinese food has its own recipe with unique ingredients and styles to suit the palate of its diners. Also, every family has its own secret.
The key to great shrimp fried rice is to use long-grain rice to make it loose, as well as using just enough oil to keep it from being greasy. In addition, the shrimp can be marinated over time to enhance the flavour.
Please note that the recipe below is our favourite, but Chinese food is very noble and adapts not only to different cultures and preferences, but also to what you have in your fridge. Don’t limit yourself if you are missing an ingredient! There is bound to be a substitute in your pantry. In that case the main tip is: go with your instinct.
Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice: Recipe in 15-min
If you want to see how easy it is to make Chinese shrimp fried rice, here’s a recipe that you can prepare in less than 15 minutes and is enough for about 4 people.
You won’t need to be an expert to prepare this dish, but you do need to follow Peruvian chef Anson Tou’s instructions if you want to make it in the best Chifa Du Kang style.
As you can imagine, this Chinese rice recipe is clearly influenced by chifa food, which is the Chinese-Peruvian fusion, so it’s not just any dish!
Let’s get to the ingredients list and get into the kitchen!
- 2 cups cooked shrimp
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 chopped spring onions or green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups of white rice (best if chilled and day old)
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and white pepper, and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to smoking point. When it reaches a high temperature, lower the heat and pour the cold vegetable oil into the pan, coating the entire surface.
- Remove the oil after coating the pan and set aside.
- Increase the temperature of your frying pan to high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add diced cooked shrimp and sauté for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger, and sauté for another 10 seconds.
- Add the beaten eggs and mix with the garlic, ginger and cooked shrimp. Do not let the egg burn.
- Add the rice and mix with the rest of the cooked ingredients in the pot.
- When the rice separates and is hot, add the sauce we made at the beginning and continue mixing until all the rice is brown in colour.
- Add the optional cooked vegetables and the spring onions or green onions and serve.
- Enjoy your shrimp fried rice! Bon appétit!
Satisfied with this recipe? Chifa Du Kang serves the best Chinese Fried Rice
At Chifa Du Kang restaurant we serve Chifa food and one of the star dishes of this Chinese-Peruvian fusion cuisine is Chaufa rice. This dish is the Peruvian version of Chinese fried rice, mixing flavours and techniques from both cuisines.
They are characteristically exotic and explosive in flavour and, once you try them, you feel like you can’t stop. In Peru it is customary to eat it at least three times a week.
We serve six different chaufa rice dishes: chicken, pork, shrimp, vegetables, beef and special (chicken, pork and shrimp). You will have to visit us several times to get a taste of all these flavours.
In addition to arroz chaufa we also serve other emblematic dishes of the chifa cuisine such as lomo saltado, sopa wantán, pollo chijaukay, sopa pac pow, among others.
Where can I find the Chifa Du Kang restaurant in Miami?
In Miami we have two establishments: one on Kendall Dr and the other on Bird Road. Both are spaces that offer you comfort and tranquility so you can sit and chat in an informal atmosphere and savour all the flavours that our Chifa dishes have to offer.
It is an excellent place to share with friends and family, come and visit us and live the best experience of tasting Chinese fried rice with Peruvian influence!
And if you’re a fan of seafood, we don’t just have shrimp rice. We also have many other dishes such as soups, noodles, and specialties like Shrimp with cashew and Shrimp with tausi – you’ll love them!